She's been called by some in the press as a "daredevil" marketer because of her strategic "try something new" approach. This philosophy of looking outside the industry for new ideas and delivering has done wonders for Members First Credit Union's Marketing and Business Development Manager Amanda Thomas' career. She was recently chosen as one of CU Times Trailblazers: 40 Below and a finalist in the 2011 CUES Next Top Executivecontest. We talk with Amanda about her marketing successes -- and failures, as they have done wonders for Members First's performance, too. So if you enjoy a compelling and different look at credit union marketing, check out this episode with Amanda Thomas. Enjoy!
• According to Credit Union Times, your mantra is not to be afraid of trying anything new to stand out from the marketing noise. How did this philosophy come about?
• You mentioned that you started to see results in your career committing to this philosophy. How so?
• What are a couple of innovative campaigns/projects you have done at Members First that maybe other CUs could learn from?
• How has social media helped you?
• How did it feel to be recognized as one of CU Times Trailblazers: 40 Below?
• What's the latest status on CUES Next Top Executive?
• From your perspective, what can credit unions do better marketing-wise to enhance their exposure?
Members First Credit Union
CU Times Trailblazers: 40 Below
CUES 2011 Next Top Executive
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a most gorgeous and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.