There are a good number of credit union CEOs that are looking to retire in the next few years, leaving our precious industry to a new group of leaders. Cardwell's CEO, Jim Cardwell, who has more than 25 years of succession planning and leadership strategy experience joins us to discuss his take on this all-important topic that will greatly affect credit unions over the next decade. Jim provides great advice on why credit unions need to incorporate succession plans, who to look for as a new leader, where are these leaders going to come from, and plenty more. There's a plethora of practical information in this extended interview, as Jim's experience in this area really shines. Enjoy the program!
What are your CEO succession plans?
What you'll learn...
1. Why succession planning in today's credit union environment is gaining a big head of steam.
1a. Succession planning any different than it was 10 years ago? If so, how?
2. 3 things credit unions can do to have a quality succession plan in place.
3. What happens if you don't have a plan?
4. Where are the new "No. 1s" going to come from?
5. Who would be a good candidate?
6. Tell us about your succession planning seminars?
Cardwell's Connections Online strategy execution tool
Cardwell's YouTube Channel
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a most gorgeous and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.