If you're like the rest of us feeling pretty stoked about online and mobile banking -- but a little paranoid at the same time about who may be out there trying to hack into your account through these channels, then this is the show for you. We invited Aite Group's Julie Conroy McNelley on the show to attack this top concern amongst the online and mobile banking crowd. Julie has written a few studies/reports on this cybercrime and malware issue that's growing everyday. She explains what exactly is happening out there in the cybercrime world, while providing solutions on how to combat these threats. It was a pleasure having Julie on the show, providing her vast expertise in this all-important area of financial security. Enjoy the show!
What you will learn...
1. Cybercrime is obviously a huge concern with more and more of our financial lives occurring online these days. You have produced a couple of reports on this issue, along with a mobile report recently published. Can you provide us with a quick overview of these reports?
2. What exactly is cybercrime/malware: ID theft, phishing, virus, etc.?
3. What is cybercrime's impact on the FI's today?
4. How can credit unions combat it? (behavior analytics, OOBA, voice biometrics)
5. Where does mobile rank? (only 26% saw it as a threat compared to the 56% for cybercrime/malware)
6. An interesting consumer behavior you reveal is the growing concern about FIs having a solid fraud prevention plan for their customers/members. If they don't, consumers will go elsewhere. What do you make of this trend?
7. What do you hope FIs will take away from your report?
Report -- Mobile Fraud: The Next Frontier
Report -- Online Fraud Mitigation: Tools of the Trade
Report -- Banks and Businesses in the Crosshairs: Cybercrime and Its Impact
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a beautiful and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.