Wescom Credit Union's CTO John Best joins us again for another eye-opening conversation about the latest in financial technology services. In this episode John discusses the future of mobile and payments for credit unions -- and the future is knocking at our door, according to Mr. Best. John also shows us how the Kindle Fire can be used to make payments and other related tasks. We even catch a glimpse of "what will be" in John's 2-min. mobile banking promo he produced for Wescom, which is in the intro. As always, a good time and a highly informative time is had when John Best joins us. He even turns the tables and interviews me during the show -- of which I fail miserably. Anywho, enjoy the show! And let us know what you think of the upcoming financial technology services on the horizon.
What you will learn...
1. Mobile is obviously gaining some much-need momentum in the financial services sector, what's the latest?
2. Where do credit unions stand in the mobile arena?
3. Are there any concerns about mobile that credit unions should be aware of?
4. What's the potential here?
5. You're presented at the CUNA Marketing Development Council show and your topic was Mobile Matters, can you give those of us a who didn't attend a quick rundown on your presentation?
6. In your opinion, what do credit unions need to do better in the financial technology circle to compete?
7. To wrap up: Any technology predictions you care to share?
Wescom Credit Union
Wescom Resources Group
Wescom Financial Tech Video -- "For The Speed of Life"
If you like the circus, then this year's GAC is for you. Not only are the fine folks from credit union land converging on Washington, D.C., but apparently so are a bevy of bankers. Mix this oil and water crowd in with a bunch of politicians and we have ourselves a bonafide three-ring show under the big top. To address the ramifications of the mass of financial services populi in our nation's capital, we invited CUNA's Ryan Donovan on the show to get his expert view. We also talk about the star-studded speaker line-up for this year's show, today's top credit union issues, and what credit unions can do better politically to increase their clout. It certainly was a pleasure having Ryan on the program giving us a forecast of how the 2012 Governmental Affairs Conference will fare next week. Enjoy the show and look forward to seeing all of you under the big top. Bring your popcorn.
What you will learn...
1. You are expecting more than 4,000 CU attendees for this year's GAC. What effect does this number have when everyone conducts their Hill visits?
3. The GAC’s tagline this year is "Powerful Cause, Positive Effect". How does it tie into your message on the Hill?
4. What are the major CU issues that top your agenda during this year's GAC?
5. Bill Cheney said the ABA will have bankers in town the same week as the GAC. Presumably they’ll be lobbying against key elements of the CU agenda. Has this happened before, and how do you plan to handle it?
6. Overall, what do you hope attendees will be able to gain attending this year's GAC?
7. In your opinion, what can credit unions do better to become stronger politically?
8. What speakers do you look forward to seeing at the GAC?
CUNA's 2012 Governmental Affairs Conference
Now that the recession has supposedly subsided, sales and marketing efforts are slowly returning to top gear for most industries worldwide -- and credit unions are no different. To hit the ground running with these efforts, credit unions need to be smart in leveraging today's world of ever-increasing communication channels. That said, we invited credit union sales/marketing/training expert, Sean McDonald, who is president of Your Full Potential -- a consultancy that focuses on goal-setting, strategic planning, and building relationships to name a few. In this interview Sean provides a myriad positive pointers for credit unions to improve their sales and marketing skills, taking advantage of the recent financial influx of consumer change. We also discuss what Sean's new CU Business Development Academy is all about and how it benefits credit unions. This interview is loaded with practical, educational content providing you with plenty of takeaways. Sean certainly delivers and then some. Check it out!
What you'll learn...
1. Tell us about you and your background in the credit union industry? (CUNA Marketing & Biz Development Council Chair!)
2. So what is Your Full Potential all about?
3. Tell me about CU Business Development Academy?
4. What are a few things credit unions can do to improve their marketing and sales business now that the recession is "over"?
5. A recent blog post you wrote reflects sales and marketing becoming priorities in 2012. Can you tell us a bit more about this post?
6. To wrap up: How can credit unions continue to enhance their exposure and gain marketshare this year?
Your Full Potential
CU Business Development Academy
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a most gorgeous and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.