Confused about phishing?
Concerned about skimming?
Worried about ID theft?
Well, financial security expert, Jim Stickley, has started a new venture called "Stickley on Security" that provides entertaining and informative training videos for credit unions and banks to show their members/customers for protection. The videos cover a myriad of security concerns such as phishing, credit card skimming, ID theft, ATM scams, and many other cybercrimes that Jim explains and then provides solutions. Jim has more than 20 years of financial security experience, as he's written a couple of books on the topic,appears regularly on NBC's Today Show as its security expert, and is Co-Founder and CTO for TraceSecurity. He has a lot of irons in the fire and his latest undertaking,"Stickley on Security", is a cost effective way for financial institutions to provide this important advice to consumers. Always entertaining and informative having Jim on the show. Enjoy!
Stickley on Security
The Truth About Identity Theft
If you're like the rest of us feeling pretty stoked about online and mobile banking -- but a little paranoid at the same time about who may be out there trying to hack into your account through these channels, then this is the show for you. We invited Aite Group's Julie Conroy McNelley on the show to attack this top concern amongst the online and mobile banking crowd. Julie has written a few studies/reports on this cybercrime and malware issue that's growing everyday. She explains what exactly is happening out there in the cybercrime world, while providing solutions on how to combat these threats. It was a pleasure having Julie on the show, providing her vast expertise in this all-important area of financial security. Enjoy the show!
What you will learn...
1. Cybercrime is obviously a huge concern with more and more of our financial lives occurring online these days. You have produced a couple of reports on this issue, along with a mobile report recently published. Can you provide us with a quick overview of these reports?
2. What exactly is cybercrime/malware: ID theft, phishing, virus, etc.?
3. What is cybercrime's impact on the FI's today?
4. How can credit unions combat it? (behavior analytics, OOBA, voice biometrics)
5. Where does mobile rank? (only 26% saw it as a threat compared to the 56% for cybercrime/malware)
6. An interesting consumer behavior you reveal is the growing concern about FIs having a solid fraud prevention plan for their customers/members. If they don't, consumers will go elsewhere. What do you make of this trend?
7. What do you hope FIs will take away from your report?
Report -- Mobile Fraud: The Next Frontier
Report -- Online Fraud Mitigation: Tools of the Trade
Report -- Banks and Businesses in the Crosshairs: Cybercrime and Its Impact
We're talking credit unions and tunes on today's episode of CUbroadcast, as we have our first musical group on the program: Chad Helminak and Christopher Morris of The Disclosures. Both long time credit union pros and advocates, Chad and Chris met in 2009 and discovered their shared affinity for music and credit unions. A couple years later they released their first album "(Hey, We're) The Disclosures." Pretty cool story, but what's truly unique about Chris and Chad's music is that they focus on writing songs about the many benefits of credit unions -- and their tunes/videos have really struck a chord with the folks in the CU industry. They have even been featured in the Huffington Post. Not bad. So we invited them on the show to play a couple of songs and tell us how they got started, what inspires them, where they play, and if they have any groupies. A ton of fun this interview was with Chris and Chad. Enjoy!
Lending is top-of-mind for just about anybody in the credit union industry. It's obviously a pretty hot topic because credit unions nationwide are doing just about anything to kick their lending into high gear. To help with this task, we invited Filene's Ben Rogers back on the show because he has completed a very telling lending study showing how a few credit unions have had great success with their lending practices during a down economy. This brief, entitled "Superior Consumer Lenders During the Great Recession", describes the secrets of the all-too-rare credit unions that drove sustained consumer loan growth during the Great Recession. Ben provides some compelling and very useful information in this interview. So don't miss it. Enjoy the show!
What you will learn...
1. Tell me about your latest study: this one covers credit union lending.
2. What prompted you to commence with this study?
3. You have examples of credit unions excelling. It's amazing that these credit unions actually excelled with their lending during the recession, while others did not. How do you explain that?
4. What did these credit unions do to excel in this area?
5. Every credit union is obviously different with unique lending situations, but, in general, what are three things credit unions can do to boost their lending during these challenging times?
6. What surprised you most about this study while putting it together?
7. What other studies are your working on?
Filene Research Institute
"Superior Consumer Lenders During the Great Recession" report
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a beautiful and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.