#109: Talking NCUA, Newt, Dodd-Frank, Cordray, and a little "Caddyshack" with NAFCU's Fred Becker...
NAFCU President and CEO, Fred Becker, is quite outspoken on a number of issues that affect credit unions today -- for good reason. Fred is a obviously a huge advocate for this industry and, like all of us, he wants to see it thrive well into the future. So we invited him on the show to discuss a few of his viewpoints on Dodd-Frank, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's Richard Cordray, NCUA, Newt Gingrich (continuing to call credit unions "GSEs"), the correlation between banks and Whack-a-Mole, and we even peppered the discussion with few "Caddyshack" references. It was truly an honor and a lot of fun having Fred on the show and we hope you take a few minutes to check out this candid conversation. Enjoy!
What you will learn...
1. You've been at the helm of NAFCU for about 12 years now, how do you see credit unions faring today?
2. How has this industry changed over the years?
3. Have you ever seen anything like Bank Transfer Day before? What are your thoughts on that movement -- and how can credit unions maintain that momentum?
4. In a recent speaking engagement, you mentioned banks will be playing a game of "Whack-a-Mole". Can you explain what you meant?
5. Yow also mentioned in that same talk NCUA's effect on credit unions today. Can expand on this issue for us?
6. You were very outspoken about Dodd-Frank over the last year or so. What are your views on it now?
7. What are your thoughts on President Obama's appointment of Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau?
8. What's new at NAFCU these days? (new blog: "Musings from the CU Suite")
Musings from the CU Suite
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a most gorgeous and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.