#111: TMG CEO Shazia Manus discusses her bio, philosophy, and passion for credit unions...
If you ever need some energy, call TMG's CEO Shazia Manus. She has enough energy for all of us and then some. Shazia's spirit coupled with her passion for credit unions has certainly played a huge role in helping her achieve her professional goals. But if look to her past, you see why she has an incredible drive to succeed and help others. A native of Bangladesh, Shazia ran her first business at 17 and then entered the University of Dhaka honors program before her family came to America settling in Iowa. A fascinating story of how hard work, ambition, and determination equal success.
Aside from her compelling past, Shazia talks about the future with the recent TMG/CO-OP partnership, her latest white paper on four areas community financial institutions will focus on this year, and her viewpoints on how credit unions can continue to grow and gain marketshare. An entertaining and informative talk with Shazia you won't want to miss. Check it out!
What you will learn...
1. Before we get into our discussion, how has the last six-or-so months been leading TMG so far? What are your goals?
2. You have a fascinating bio. Can you tell us about it -- a native of Bangladesh, small business owner at 17, Univ. of Dhaka honors program, move to Iowa, etc.?
2a. What drives you in your quest for success?
3. Getting up to date: TMG and CO-OP recently formed a strategic partnership. How does the partnership work and what are TMG's responsibilities?
4. How will this partnership benefit CUs going into 2012?
5. You recently wrote a white paper naming four areas community financial institutions will focus this year. Can you briefly explain each of these?
• Product/Service mix
• Deeper customer relationships
6. To wrap up: Based on your experience, how can credit unions continue to grow and gain marketshare?
The Members Group
Shazia Manus bio
White paper - Four Very Important Competencies for Community FIs in 2012
Comments are closed.
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a beautiful and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.