Now that the recession has supposedly subsided, sales and marketing efforts are slowly returning to top gear for most industries worldwide -- and credit unions are no different. To hit the ground running with these efforts, credit unions need to be smart in leveraging today's world of ever-increasing communication channels. That said, we invited credit union sales/marketing/training expert, Sean McDonald, who is president of Your Full Potential -- a consultancy that focuses on goal-setting, strategic planning, and building relationships to name a few. In this interview Sean provides a myriad positive pointers for credit unions to improve their sales and marketing skills, taking advantage of the recent financial influx of consumer change. We also discuss what Sean's new CU Business Development Academy is all about and how it benefits credit unions. This interview is loaded with practical, educational content providing you with plenty of takeaways. Sean certainly delivers and then some. Check it out!
What you'll learn...
1. Tell us about you and your background in the credit union industry? (CUNA Marketing & Biz Development Council Chair!)
2. So what is Your Full Potential all about?
3. Tell me about CU Business Development Academy?
4. What are a few things credit unions can do to improve their marketing and sales business now that the recession is "over"?
5. A recent blog post you wrote reflects sales and marketing becoming priorities in 2012. Can you tell us a bit more about this post?
6. To wrap up: How can credit unions continue to enhance their exposure and gain marketshare this year?
Your Full Potential
CU Business Development Academy
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a beautiful and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.