Wescom Credit Union's CTO John Best joins us again for another eye-opening conversation about the latest in financial technology services. In this episode John discusses the future of mobile and payments for credit unions -- and the future is knocking at our door, according to Mr. Best. John also shows us how the Kindle Fire can be used to make payments and other related tasks. We even catch a glimpse of "what will be" in John's 2-min. mobile banking promo he produced for Wescom, which is in the intro. As always, a good time and a highly informative time is had when John Best joins us. He even turns the tables and interviews me during the show -- of which I fail miserably. Anywho, enjoy the show! And let us know what you think of the upcoming financial technology services on the horizon.
What you will learn...
1. Mobile is obviously gaining some much-need momentum in the financial services sector, what's the latest?
2. Where do credit unions stand in the mobile arena?
3. Are there any concerns about mobile that credit unions should be aware of?
4. What's the potential here?
5. You're presented at the CUNA Marketing Development Council show and your topic was Mobile Matters, can you give those of us a who didn't attend a quick rundown on your presentation?
6. In your opinion, what do credit unions need to do better in the financial technology circle to compete?
7. To wrap up: Any technology predictions you care to share?
Wescom Credit Union
Wescom Resources Group
Wescom Financial Tech Video -- "For The Speed of Life"
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a most gorgeous and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.