We had a fascinating interview with World Council of Credit Unions' new President/CEO Brian Branch on today's global challenges facing credit unions. It was an honor having Brian on the show to discuss his immediate goals, resolutions to international CU issues, financial technology services, career anecdotes from his global travels over the years (47 countries!), and the unique advice former WOCCU President/CEO Pete Crear provided before he handed over the reigns to Brian. A class act all the way, we were thrilled to chat with Brian. TheWOCCU is definitely in good hands. And check out the exotic masks and headgear hanging on his wall behind him -- all given to him by colleagues throughout the globe. Enjoy the show!
• As leader of the WOCCU, what are your new responsibilities?
• Any words of wisdom from Pete Crear before he left?
• What are three of the biggest issues or challenges plaguing credit unions globally today?
• Any resolutions to those issues from the WOCCU?
• Under your leadership will there be any changes to the WOCCU operations?
• You've mentioned that the WOCCU needs to stay relevant. How does it do this today?
• How have the tremendous financial service technology changes affected credit unions across the globe?
• You've worked in 47 countries worldwide, any favorite anecdotes to share?
• To wrap up: What can we do as an industry help credit unions internationally flourish in this century?
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a most gorgeous and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.