NCUA's Bill Myers has a big job for the small guy -- small credit unions, that is. As the new (started in June 2011) Director of the Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives (OSCUI), Bill has quite a task load keeping track of all small credit unions and their various issues. He's a longtime credit union guy with loads of experience and certainly up for the job. In this interview we discuss the top three challenges small credit unions are experiencing today along with his goals and why he calls OSCUI NCUA's "gem." We were honored to have Bill on the show, taking time from his hectic schedule to provide us with his insight the state of small credit unions in today's environment. Enjoy the show!
• You just arrived in June as the new OSCUI Director. Can you provide us with a quick background check?
• NCUA's role regarding Small Credit Union Initiatives?
• You've said OSCUI is the "gem of the NCUA." Why?
• Now that you've gotten your feet wet for the last couple of months, what are your goals for this Office?
• Top three challenges for small credit unions today
• How can OSCUI help?
• To wrap up: From your perspective, what can credit unions do as a whole to keep improving and attracting new members?
Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a beautiful and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.