#78: Holiday eGreeting videos earn Belvoir FCU CUES GMA Shoestring Award: Jason Lindstrom explains...
The 2011 CUES Golden Mirror Awards were just announced and one of the more interesting winners was Belvoir Federal Credit Union for its holiday eGreeting videos. Belvoir members and staff took turns in front of the camera sharing warm holiday greetings to loved ones across the country and throughout the globe. This simple, yet highly effective, idea garnered Belvoir the Golden Shoestring Award from CUES. To explain the campaign further, we invited Belvoir's Chief Marketing Officer ("@CUsuperhero" on Twitter), Jason Lindstrom, and his team: Amy Shanks and Ken Worthey, Jr. Still basking in the glow of their win, the Belvoir marketing team explained in great detail how effective this campaign was and what their marketing plans are for the upcoming holiday season. Congratulations to Jason, Amy, and Ken -- and enjoy the show!
1. So you won the Golden Shoestring award for a credit union for coming up with a cool marketing strategy on a shoestring budget. What did you do?
4. How did it benefit your credit union?
5. Ultimately, how did it benefit your members?
7. Feedback from members?
8. What lessons did you learn that you can pass on to other credit unions?
9. Belvoir is renowned for cool marketing efforts, any other innovative campaigns on the horizon?
Belvoir Federal Credit Union
2011 CUES Golden Mirror Awards
Belvoir FCU YouTube Channel
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a most gorgeous and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.