What fun - and quite an education - it was having California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues' President and CEO, Diana Dykstra, on the show. Diana displays her extensive credit union IQ discussing California and Nevada credit union issues and how they relate to the rest of the country. But she doesn't simply present the issues; she takes the discussion a step further providing solutions to the issues. We also talk about her first year as head ofCCUL: accomplishments and future plans. In addition, we touch on the topics to be covered and speakers presenting at this week's CCUL show in San Diego. So if you enjoy a little bit of laughter and a lot common sense from a great lady and leader, then you'll enjoy watching Diana in this episode. Check it out!
What you'll learn...
1. So it's been about a year since you took the California and Nevada CU Leagues' helm. How has your first year been?
2. How are credit unions in California and Nevada faring compared to the rest of the country?
3. What were a couple of issues that California and Nevada credit unions continue to face today -- as we slightly emerge from the bad economy?
4. Is there anything the rest of the country can learn from California and Nevada CUs? If so, what?
5. Speaking of learning, the 2011 CCUL Conference is this week in San Diego. What will attendees gain from this annual gathering?
6. What do you think some of the more interesting topics are? I'm thinking social media, mobile lending, and "CU Innovation, Why Bother?" will be a few stand outs.
7. To wrap up: Based on your experience as a former CU CEO and now heading up the California and Nevada leagues, what are a couple of things credit unions can do better to to increase their brand and ultimately market share?
2011 CCUL Conference
Comments are closed.
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a beautiful and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.