Lending is top-of-mind for just about anybody in the credit union industry. It's obviously a pretty hot topic because credit unions nationwide are doing just about anything to kick their lending into high gear. To help with this task, we invited Filene's Ben Rogers back on the show because he has completed a very telling lending study showing how a few credit unions have had great success with their lending practices during a down economy. This brief, entitled "Superior Consumer Lenders During the Great Recession", describes the secrets of the all-too-rare credit unions that drove sustained consumer loan growth during the Great Recession. Ben provides some compelling and very useful information in this interview. So don't miss it. Enjoy the show!
What you will learn...
1. Tell me about your latest study: this one covers credit union lending.
2. What prompted you to commence with this study?
3. You have examples of credit unions excelling. It's amazing that these credit unions actually excelled with their lending during the recession, while others did not. How do you explain that?
4. What did these credit unions do to excel in this area?
5. Every credit union is obviously different with unique lending situations, but, in general, what are three things credit unions can do to boost their lending during these challenging times?
6. What surprised you most about this study while putting it together?
7. What other studies are your working on?
Filene Research Institute
"Superior Consumer Lenders During the Great Recession" report
Comments are closed.
Mike Lawson, Host
Married to a beautiful and wonderful wife, raising 5 kiddos (including twins!), enjoy helping others tell their stories, and love surfing SoCal waves. Keep it simple.